Logic pro x default folder free.The User level config folder

Looking for:

Logic pro x default folder free 













































     

- Logic pro x plugins folder free.Logic pro x default folder free



 

To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question. I would like to specify an external hard drive for all Logic Pro X projects to be recorded and saved on. I have found posts explaining how to save a project to a specific external drive but I would like to set a default drive, not do it on a piecemeal basis. I want to make sure that not only are my projects saved to a specific location but that they are also r ecorded at that location, not on my system drive.

Posted on Apr 25, AM. It will record to the drive you save to. I have over a hundred clients and only save to my own file system on an external drive. I have to do this in spite of Apple's desire to tell us all how we should organize our stuff. I hope it works out for you. Posted on Apr 26, AM. Apr 25, PM in response to hmac11 In response to hmac To my knowledge, there is no way to do this. You have to tell the OS where to save your project to. You already have to name your songs Apple's OS really wants you to do things their way and it is annoying.

Older versions of logic 9 used to automatically go the the last used location to save. In 10, it defaults to the user music folder. You may be able to put an alias to your chosen external drive in the user music folder Apr 25, PM. Page content loaded. I see your point, but in immediately saving the project to my external drive, are we sure that it is recording to that drive?

This is what I've always done in Pro Tools, as the consensus seems to be that it's better to record on a drive other than the system drive. As to your point on creating an alias, perhaps using a Sybolink would work better. I used Symbolinks when installing Logic and it worked like a charm - putting all the samples on an external drive, right out of the gate.

In doing so, it saves moving everything later. I have read that doing this should also ensure that updated content is also stored on the external disk, and that alias's don't always work down the road. Apr 26, AM in response to hmac11 In response to hmac Apr 26, AM. Jul 21, PM in response to hmac11 In response to hmac As a kind of shortcut you can create an Alias in your Desktop pointing to your Audio Production folder located in your external drive.

Another solution is to move the Logic folder from Music to the external drive and create an Alias to it in. I know that this is not exactly what you want, but it's much better than having to traverse the filesystem. Jul 21, PM. Question: Q: logic pro x default external hard drive More Less.

Community Get Support. Sign in Sign in Sign in corporate. Browse Search. Ask a question. User profile for user: hmac11 hmac Question: Q: Question: Q: logic pro x default external hard drive I would like to specify an external hard drive for all Logic Pro X projects to be recorded and saved on.

Thanks all! More Less. Reply I have this question too 52 I have this question too Me too 52 Me too. Answer: A: Answer: A: Yes View answer in context. Helpful answers Drop Down menu. Apr 25, PM in response to hmac11 In response to hmac11 To my knowledge, there is no way to do this.

Loading page content. Reply Helpful 1 Thread reply - more options Link to this Post. Apr 26, AM in response to hmac11 In response to hmac11 Yes Reply Helpful 2 Thread reply - more options Link to this Post. Thanks so much for your help! Reply Helpful Thread reply - more options Link to this Post. User profile for user: mbuchichio mbuchichio.

Jul 21, PM in response to hmac11 In response to hmac11 As a kind of shortcut you can create an Alias in your Desktop pointing to your Audio Production folder located in your external drive. You can also add the audio production folder to the Finder Side Panel to have it at hand. And I agree that Logic should provide a way to change the default Logic folder. User profile for user: hmac11 Question: Q: logic pro x default external hard drive More Less. Welcome to Apple Support Community.

Ask a question Reset.

   


Comments

Popular Posts